Senior UX/Product Designer
March 2015 – Present
- Lead the re-design of Moto Maker, a web-based personalization tool that allows you to design your own phone or smart watch.
- Worked within a multidisciplinary team, including CMF (Color, Material and Finish), Industrial, Packaging and Digital Designers, to craft the 2017 and 2018 Moto vision and portfolios. Project work not available due to NDAs.
- Helped re-design key pages for both motorola.com and lenovo.com.
June 2014 – March 2015
- Developed user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and visual designs for iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Introduced user-centered design methodologies to Punchkick, while leading and mentoring a junior designer and two junior researchers.
- Redefined Punchkick’s internal sales process, including adding new offerings, exploring a new design language, and overhauling the pitch deck creation process.
- Clients: Cleveland Clinic, Marriott International, Punchkick Interactive
Senior Experience Designer
November 2013 – June 2014
- Worked closely with product leads to ensure the new experience and design language fulfilled business objectives and user needs.
- Wrote a creative vision and corresponding design principles to guide future product strategy.
- Emphasized the importance of a user-centered design processes to a product team that previously did not have a dedicated experience designer.
- Client: Networked Insights SaaS
Junior Visual Designer
March 2013 – November 2013
- Collaborated with multi-disciplinary teams to concept and execute cross-platform campaigns.
- Produced beautiful, intuitive interface designs for websites and mobile applications.
- Crafted and designed pitch decks that won new business.
- Clients: Abercrombie & Fitch, Capital One, Hollister Co., Home Run Inn
Associate Art Director
March 2011 – March 2013
- Shaped the experience and visual aesthetic of mobile applications and websites.
- Designed Acquity’s first responsive web project, which lead to a Lunch and Learn to share knowledge and lessons learned.
- Chaired an AIGA Chicago Small Talk event, helping to establish Acquity as an integral part of Chicago’s design community.
- Clients: Allstate, Border States Electric, Discover, Epicurious, Grainger, MSA, Sanford Health
Competitive Analysis, Heuristic Review, Persona Development, Prototyping, Stakeholder Interviews, Usability Testing, Visual Design, Wireframing
Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. Dabbles in Adobe Muse, CSS, HTML, Invision, and Sketch
BFA, Graphic Design
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
“Where Design Meets,” a joint AIGA, IDSA and IxDA meetup
Event Chair and Host
Bronze IDEA Award
Moto 360 (2nd Gen) with Moto Maker
Designs Featured on Fast Co. Magazine
“Networked Insights Reveals How Samsung Used Social Media to Hack the iPhone”
Silver in Typography
Capital One’s The Venture #BucketList
2014 Midas Awards
AIGA Chicago Small Talk
Epicurious Responsive Design Case Study
Interactive Media Award
Mine Safety Appliances